Can you help us find Australia's best intern pharmacist?
The Pharmacy Guild of Australia is pleased to announce it is partnering with MIMS Australia in a search to find the 2016 Intern of the Year. The winning intern will receive a travel and educational scholarship to the value of $4,000 courtesy of MIMS Australia. This will enable the intern to pursue their pharmacy career in Australia or overseas.
Criteria for judging the Intern of the Year
The MIMS Pharmacy Guild Intern of the Year judging panel will be looking for the Guild ITP intern who best demonstrates excellence in one or more of the following criteria:
- Patient-centred practice
- Improving the health of communities
- Innovative pharmacy practice
- Integrity, honesty and professionalism
- Teamwork, communication and reliability
Announcement of winner
It is expected that the winner of the 2016 MIMS Pharmacy Guild Intern of the Year will be announced at the APP conference held on the Gold Coast on 9th – 12th March 2017.
Who is eligible to be nominated?
In order to be nominated, the pharmacist intern must have been enrolled in and successfully completed (or due to complete) the Pharmacy Guild Intern Training Program (Guild ITP) during the 2016 calendar year.
Who can nominate?
Candidates for the MIMS Pharmacy Guild Intern of the Year 2016 may be nominated by:
- The intern’s supervising preceptor
- The intern’s employer
- The intern themselves (self-nominated)
- A pharmacist or other colleague who works alongside the intern
- A Guild ITP clinical tutor
How will Interns be nominated?
An intern can be nominated as a candidate for the MIMS Pharmacy Guild Intern of the Year by completing a printed nomination form, or by online submission of nomination details.
The nomination process will take place in the following stages:
- Nominations open on Friday 9th September 2016 and close on Wednesday 11th January 2017.
Identification and nomination of suitable candidates (see below)
- Interns accept nomination and submit official confirmation and application form (response to criteria) by Monday 23rd January 2017.
- The judging committee will review responses, short-list finalists, conduct telephone interviews, and speak with colleagues working with the intern to determine the Intern of the Year.
- The winner will be announced at the APP conference held in the Gold Coast on 9th – 12th March 2017.
What is the prize?
The winner of the MIMS Pharmacy Guild of Australia Intern of the Year 2016 will receive a travel and educational grant to the value of $4,000 to pursue their career in pharmacy