Current Advocacy Work
The Pharmacy Guild of Australia is a strong advocate for community pharmacy in the workplace relations arena.
Current advocacy work includes:
- Representation in the Four Yearly Review of Modern Awards. Major cases include:
- Plain language drafting of the Pharmacy Industry Award 2020 and involvement in other award drafting
- Penalty rates case
- Work value claim including the benchmarking & relativity case
- Leave provisions
- Substantive issues concerning the Pharmacy Industry Award 2020 provisions
- Family and Domestic Violence/Family Friendly Arrangements
- Representation to Government on IR reforms and legislative changes
- Representing the Guild in industry tribunals
- Representation at the Council of Small Business of Australia
- Representation at and with the Australian Chamber of Commerce & Industry (ACCI)
- Submissions to Government on issues such as the Paid Parental Leave Amendment Bill and the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth)
- Working with unions and statutory bodies (such as the Fair Work Ombudsman) with a view to resolving workplace issues
- Small business national advocacy activities including rental/leasing, taxation, energy costs, digital disruption and future of work.
The Pharmacy Guild National Secretariat provides this valuable service on behalf of members.
Please contact the National Manager, Workplace Relations & Business Policy for any advocacy enquiries:
Page last updated on: 04 August 2020