Current Advocacy Work
The Pharmacy Guild of Australia is a strong advocate for community pharmacy in the workplace relations arena.
Current advocacy work includes:
- Representation in the Four Yearly Review of Modern Awards. Major cases include:
- Plain language drafting of the Pharmacy Industry Award 2010 and involvement in other award drafting
- Penalty rates case
- Work value claim
- Annual leave provisions
- Substantive issues concerning the Pharmacy Industry Award 2010 provisions
- Family and Domestic Violence/Family Friendly Arrangements
- Representation at the Council of Small Business of Australia
- Representation at and with the Australian Chamber of Commerce & Industry (ACCI)
- Submissions to Government on issues such as the Paid Parental Leave Amendment Bill and the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth)
- Working with unions and statutory bodies (such as the Fair Work Ombudsman) with a view to resolving workplace issues
- Small business national advocacy activities including rental/leasing, taxation, energy costs, digital interruption and future of work.
The Pharmacy Guild National Secretariat provides this valuable service on behalf of members.
Please contact the Workplace Relations Manager for any advocacy enquiries:
Page last updated 12 July 2019