The Guild provides a range of workplace relations services to work in partnership with members to improve their employment practices as a benefit of membership.
The Guild defines Workplace Relations as comprising of Industrial Relations (IR), Human Resources (HR), Employee Relations (ER), Work Health & Safety (WHS) and Workers Compensation (WC).
These partnership services include the provision of information, advice and assistance, to help you manage a broad range of matters that effect pharmacy business, including:
- Interpretation of Award and Enterprise Agreement conditions and entitlements
- Wages including the provision of detailed wage sheets
- Managing employee performance and conduct
- Termination of employment
- Harassment, bullying and discrimination
- Work health and safety (information)
- Workers' compensation (information)
- Leave queries including calculations for annual and long service leave
- Employment contracts
- Recruitment and induction
- Change management – eg rostering, consultation, change of hours arrangements, operating arrangements
- Investigations (information)
- Policies and procedures
- Discussion on alternative employment arrangements (IFA, flexible day/hours, annualised wages)
- Creation of Enterprise Agreements
- Interpretation of legislation and case law
- Selling or Buying of a business (eg employment entitlements and conditions)
The Workplace Relations National Secretariat Manager and team also provides additional member value resources:Workplace Relations Advice support for smaller branches such as ACT, TAS and NT.
General written advice in the form of fact sheets, editorials, generic templates and bulletins are provided as part of your membership fee. Members can access these resources below.
Workplace Relations Resources (Members only)
Please contact a Workplace Relations Advisor in your state or territory for more information on these services.