To ensure the use of up-to-date, secure and industry-standard technology, Services Australia is changing the way they verify who you are and how they identify you when you access their digital health systems.
Soon pharmacies will no longer be able to login to the AIR to view vaccination records through the "Authentication File Upload" method. Pharmacies will instead be required to access the AIR via PRODA.
To prepare pharmacies for this transition, the WA Branch has created several member-only resources.
Click here for the Guide to the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR). This information relates to the whole of life Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) and reflects the change over from the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register (ACIR.)
Once you have completed the form you will need to email it to the WA Health Department at email@example.com and on their approval they will forward it to Department of Human Services.
The pharmacy will be assigned a unique AIR registration number which will arrive by post. Please look out for it. If you require support completing the form please phone the Health Department on 1800 020 103.
Tip: This number is the same for every State. To speak to a Perth-based representative, call after 3pm WA time.
Once logged into the AIR, you can view a client’s immunisation history or upload a vaccination:
For support with the AIR please contact 1300 650 039
PRODA is an online identity verification and authentication system. It allows individuals to securely access online government services such as My Health Records and the AIR (HPOS).
To setup access to the AIR via PRODA, an ‘Authorised Contact’, listed on the ABR, will need to:
Below is a step-by-step guide to assist members in completing this process. The most challenging step is providing proof of ownership as these questions must be answered exactly as the appear on the ABR site (case sensitive).
For pharmacy’s structured as a Trust with a Company as a Trustee, there will be no individual associates listed in the ABR and the owners name will not be identifiable under the company. Therefore, your accountant will need to provide you with the relevant information to verify your relationship with the organisation. The template below can be provided to your accountant to assist in obtaining the relevant information.
“Information needed from your accountant to verify your relationship with the pharmacy for PRODA”
The Director/Owner or a member with Employee Management Attribute will need to:
The document below outlines the steps to provide employees with access to the AIR and the pharmacy’s PRODA services.
If information you have previously submitted to the AIR is incorrect you can update it.
If you have entered correct details to “Identify and Individual” on the AIR and there is no existing record (you can phone AIR on 1800 653 809 to confirm), you can create a new record.
Please click here for an in depth module on using the AIR website
1. Set up the IPN in GuildCareNG
2. Go to ADMIN section of GuildCareNG (only the pharmacy administrator will have access to this tab)
3. Enter the IPN in the ‘Pharmacy Settings’ section
5. If an IPN is entered ALL future vaccination cases will show an AIR section and be automatically submitted to the AIR upon case completion
6. Record vaccination service by selecting patient from patient list
7. Select ‘Vaccination’ from services drop down menu
8. Enter all details
9. Check the AIR section – this section will NOT appear if no IPN number has been entered
11. Green success flag will appear at the top of the screen if AIR upload was successful or orange retry flag if resubmission is required
12. AIR Submission report and AIR Rejection report can be generated on request
How to generate AIR Rejection Report in GuildCareNG:
Members are advised to regularly check whether all vaccinations provided have been uploaded to the AIR.
1. Record Vaccination Service by Clicking on ‘Record Services’ in left hand menu
2. Search for patient by surname OR select patient from recently dispensed list
3. Select Service – Immunisation
4. Enter Date
5. Select Immuniser/Pharmacist
6. Pharmacists Registration number should automatically appear, if not select edit icon and enter registration number manually
7. Enter IPN
8. Make sure ‘AIR submission required’ is ticked
9. Enter patient information – sections in bold are mandatory
10. Expand and fill out pre-screening checklist section
11. Expand and fill out subsidised immunisation checklist if applicable (NIP vaccines)
12. Expand and tick patient suitability and consent section after you have deemed patient suitable to vaccinate and consent was obtained
13. Enter time
14. Select vaccine
15. Select site of administration
16. Enter Batch number
17. Enter Expiry Date
18. Dose Number – usually 1
20. AIR Submission report and AIR Rejection report can be generated on request
How to generate AIR Rejection Report in MedAdvisor: