Why become a Guild member?
We are your voice to Government
The Pharmacy Guild of Australia has represented and supported pharmacy owners since 1928, using our members' voice and vision to protect, improve and empower the community pharmacy industry. We exist to nurture the passion and dedication you have for your industry. In addition to many Business Support Services, Guild membership includes:
- Industry representation and support via our twelve Branch Committee members, located throughout Queensland, who are contactable via phone, email or in-person for advice and updates.
- Opportunities to attend political meetings alongside Branch Committee representatives
- Regular, summarised updates about industry changes and developments
- Lobbying at Local, State and Federal Government levels to ensure your business and our industry remain viable, protected and supported to work at your full scope
Watch below to hear what your peers have to say about The Guild in action!
Our Business Support Services allow you to focus on your core business
Guild members have exclusive access to a range of business support services, industry experts, tools and resources including:
- IR/HR advice and support including templates, Wage Sheets, tailored services for your store provided via email and over the phone
- The Business Support team who can assist via phone, email or in-person with all of your business-related needs including 7CPA opportunities, QCPP accreditation and general business support
- Guild Corporate Health opportunities, which are often remunerated e.g. Corporate Vaccination Program. In 2020, participating pharmacies delivered over 24,000 vaccines to employees of participating government departments and private organisations, generating over $500,000 of additional revenue across all stores. The program has grown substantially year on year and participating community pharmacies reported that the Guild Corporate Vaccination Program helps them to build relationships with patients and better support Queenslanders
- The Guild website (a myGuild account) which hosts a catalogue of vital information with easy search functions e.g. up-to-date Wage Sheets, early access to PBS price changes, Queensland Pharmacy Inquiry outcomes, rental reports and much more
- Subscriptions to local and national Guild newsletters to keep you up to date within the industry including Guild News, Guild Newsflash and IR/HR News & Info and national communications
- The 7CPA Calculator which can help you compare remuneration for the final year of the 6CPA with the first year of the 7CPA
- Support to implement CP2025 changes and initiatives that are based on extensive market research and real-life examples
- Access to our industry-specific, recruitment platform service called My Pharmacy Career where you can list available positions within your pharmacy and search for potential candidates at any time e.g. locum staff
- Special member rates available on merchandise, Guild events including CPD courses and major conferences, Guild Training, GuildCare software and range of Gold Cross Products & Services
- A free business listing on www.findapharmacy.com.au used by both consumers and industry stakeholders. This listing includes your pharmacy's location, contact information, languages spoken in your pharmacy and the various health services you offer in-store
Watch below to hear what your peers have to say about the Business Support services available through Guild membership!
Become part of your industry's key network
Guild membership is valid and renewable each financial year with pro-rata rates available if you join mid-financial year. Full Guild Membership is $2,860.00 including GST, per financial year, per premises owned (regardless of the number of proprietors). Monthly payment options are available (Direct Debit) with no set-up or ongoing fees at approximately $238.33 per month!
In terms of access to member benefits, this fee covers the premises, all proprietors of the pharmacy and, in some cases, pharmacy staff e.g. discounts to Guild events.
The majority of member benefits apply to your business and therefore, to ensure fairness of every paying member, you are required (per our constitution) to join all pharmacies in which you hold an interest. This rule applies to all proprietors of the pharmacy and their related pharmacies.
To become a Full Guild Member, please complete and return one of the following application forms (depending on the ownership structure of the pharmacy) and return by email, post or fax. Applications can be witnessed by a fellow pharmacist that is not listed on the form - you do not need an official Justice of the Peace to witness your application.
Upon receipt of your application, the Queensland Branch will issue you with a subscription invoice and Guild Membership number / Guild ID (usually same day!). Your membership will also be ratified at the next meeting of the Queensland Branch Committee.
Application Form for Company Ownership Structures
Application Form for Partnership Ownership Structures
Application Form for Sole Proprietor Ownership Structures